IOS Application Development
(swift from scratch)
Course Structure: Total Lectures: 16
What Will You Learn?
- How to build any app you want
- Build fully-fledged apps for your startup or business
- Craft a portfolio of apps to apply for junior developer jobs
- Work as a freelance IOS developer.
- No programming experience needed – Instructor will teach you everything you need to know
- A Mac laptop or iMac (or a PC running macOS)
- We will walk you through, step-by-step how to get Xcode installed set up
- No paid software required – all apps will be created in Xcode 9 (which is free) .
Training Course Outline.
Lecture 1: Introduction to programming (Swift)
- Installing XCode.
- Creating and playing with code in XCode Playground.
- Variable, constants, arrays.
- If-else Conditions.
Lecture 2: Basics of iOS (Introduction to XCode)
- Setting up simulator.
- Going through With XCode.
- How to Properly Create a New Xcode Project.
- What is a Bundle Identifier?
- How to Position User Interface (UI) Elements.
- What is Property Inspector.
- Run and Test Your App.
Lecture 3: Creating Hello World and Guess Number App
- Let’s Design the User Interface Using Storyboards.
- Create your first app.
- Create your second app.
- Run app on physical device.
Lecture 4: Switch statements, Pick a Fruit app, World capitals app.
- Intro to Switch Statements.
- Adding images in project.
- Intro to Picker View in Xcode.
- Making third app ‘Pick a Fruit app’.
- Intro to Multi-Component Picker View in Xcode.
- Making app ‘World capitals’.
Lecture 5: iOS Auto Layout and Setting Constraints.
- Why Do We Need Auto Layout?
- Responsiveness of app on all screens.
- Auto Layout in Practice – Setting Constraints.
- [Lab] Use What You Just Learnt to Practice Auto Layout.
. Lecture 6: Handling Dynamic Contents (Table views in iOS) + Shopping List app.
- Intro to Table Views.
- Table view classes.
- Table view cells.
- Table view cell classes.
- Using Table view in View Controller.
- Populate table views with dynamic data.
- Make App ‘Shopping List app’.
Lecture 7: Handling Dynamic Horizontal Contents (Collection views in iOS) + Interlinking multiple View Controller.
- Intro to Collection Views.
- Collection view classes.
- Collection view cells.
- Collection view cell classes.
- Using Collection view in View Controller.
- Populate Collection views with dynamic data.
- Moving to new view controller.
- Passing data to another view controller.
Lecture 8: Multimedia in iOS + Alerts in iOS.
- Alert views.
- Action Sheets.
- Capture pictures From Camera.
- Get Pictures From Gallery.
Lecture 9: Social Media Interaction.
- Login with Facebook.
- Add app in Facebook developers.
- Get user credentials.